SSC CGL Syllabus – Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has declared online Computer Based Examination (CBE) Syllabus and Schedule of Tier- I and II for Combined Graduate Level Examination (CGLE) 2022. All interested candidates can download complete syllabus in PDF file for Computer Based Examination (Tier-I and II). All Interested candidates Can Check the full notification carefully, before applying online.
SSC CGL Exam Schemes
The Computer Based Examination will be conducted in two tiers as indicated below:
Scheme of Tier-I Examinations:
|Tier||Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time allowed|
|I||A. General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||50||1 hour(1 hour and 20 minutes for the candidates eligible for scribe as per Para-7.1 and 7.2)|
|B. General Awareness||25||50|
|C. Quantitative Aptitude||25||50|
- Tier-I will consist of Objective Type, Multiple choice questions. The questions will be set both in English & Hindi except for English Comprehension.
- There will be negative marking of 0.50 for each wrong answer
Scheme of Tier-II Examination:
|Tier||Paper||Session||Subject||N. of Q.||Max. Marks||Time allowed|
|II||Paper-I:||Session-I (2 hours and 15 minutes)||Section-I:Module-I: Mathematical AbilitiesModule-II: Reasoning and General Intelligence||30 30Total = 60||60*3=180||1 hour (for each section)(1 hours and 20 minutes for the candidates eligible for scribe as per Para-7.1 and 7.2)|
Module-I: English Language and Comprehension
Module-II: General Awareness
Total = 70
Module-I: Computer Knowledge Module
|15 Minutes (for each module)|
(20 minutes for the candidates eligible for scribe as per Para-7.1 and 7.2)
|Session-II (15 minutes)||Section-III:|
Module-II: Data Entry Speed Test Module
|One Data Entry Task||–|
|2 hours (for each Paper)|
(2 hours and 40 minutes for the candidates eligible for scribe as per Para-7.1 and 7.2)
|Paper-III||General Studies (Finance and Economics)||100||100*2|
- Tier-II will include conducting of Paper-I, Paper-II and Paper-III in separate shift(s)/ day(s).
- Paper-I is compulsory for all the posts.
- Paper-II will be for only those candidates who apply for the posts of Junior Statistical Officer (JSO) in the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation and who are shortlisted in Tier-I for these Posts.
- Paper-III will be for only those candidates who are shortlisted in Tier-I for Paper-III i.e. for the posts of Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer.
SSC CGL Syllabus 2022 of Tier I, II Exam
Indicative Syllabus (Tier-I):
Tier-I: General Intelligence &Reasoning: It would come with questions of each verbal and non-verbal kind. This element could embrace questions on analogies, similarities and variations, house visualization, spatial orientation, drawback fixing, evaluation, judgment, determination making, visible reminiscence, discrimination, commentary, relationship ideas, arithmetical reasoning and figural classification, arithmetic quantity collection, non-verbal collection, coding and decoding, assertion conclusion, syllogistic reasoning and many others. The subjects are, Semantic Analogy, Symbolic/Number Analogy, Figural Analogy, Semantic Classification, Symbolic/Number Classification, Figural Classification, Semantic Series, Number Series, Figural Series, Problem Solving, Word Building, Coding & de-coding, Numerical Operations, symbolic Operations, Trends, Space Orientation, Space Visualization, Venn Diagrams, Drawing inferences, Punched gap/ pattern- folding& un-folding, Figural Pattern-folding and completion, Indexing, Address matching, Date & metropolis matching, Classification of centre codes/roll numbers, Small & Capital letters/numbers coding, decoding and classification, Embedded Figures, Critical considering, Emotional Intelligence, Social Intelligence.
General Awareness: Questions on this element shall be aimed toward testing the candidates’ basic consciousness of the setting round him and its software to society. Questions can even be designed to check information of present occasions and of such issues of on daily basis observations and expertise of their scientific side as could also be anticipated of any educated individual. The check can even embrace questions referring to India and its neighbouring international locations particularly pertaining History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Policy & Scientific Research.
Quantitative Aptitude: The questions shall be designed to check the flexibility of applicable use of numbers and quantity sense of the candidate. The scope of the check shall be computation of entire numbers, decimals, fractions and relationships between numbers, Percentage. Ratio & Proportion, Square roots, Averages, Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and Alligation, Time and distance, Time & Work, Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra & Elementary surds, Graphs of Linear Equations, Triangle and its varied sorts of centres, Congruence and similarity of triangles, Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, widespread tangents to 2 or extra circles, Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons, Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or sq. base, Trigonometric ratio, Degree and Radian Measures, Standard Identities, Complementary angles, Heights and Distances, Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar diagram & Pie chart.
English Comprehension: Candidates’ potential to know right English, his fundamental comprehension and writing potential, and many others. can be examined.
The questions in Parts A, B, & D shall be of a degree commensurate with the important qualification viz. Graduation and questions in Part-C shall be of tenth normal degree.
Indicative Syllabus (Tier-II):
Module-I of Session-I of Paper-I (Mathematical Abilities):
- Number Systems: Computation of Whole Number, Decimal and Fractions, Relationship between numbers.
- Fundamental arithmetical operations: Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Square roots, Averages, Interest (Simple and Compound), Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and Alligation, Time and distance, Time and work.
- Algebra: Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra and Elementary surds (easy issues) and Graphs of Linear Equations.
- Geometry: Familiarity with elementary geometric figures and info: Triangle and its varied sorts of centres, Congruence and similarity of triangles, Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, frequent tangents to 2 or extra circles.
- Mensuration: Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons, Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or sq. Base.
- Trigonometry: Trigonometry, Trigonometric ratios, Complementary angles, Height and distances (easy issues solely) Standard Identities like sin2θ + cos2θ=1 and so on.
- Statistics and likelihood: Use of Tables and Graphs: Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar-diagram, Pie-chart; Measures of central
- tendency: imply, median, mode, commonplace deviation; calculation of straightforward possibilities.
Module-II of Section-I of Paper-I (Reasoning and General Intelligence):
Questions of each verbal and non-verbal kind. These will embody questions on Semantic Analogy, Symbolic operations, Symbolic/ Number Analogy, Trends, Figural Analogy, Space Orientation, Semantic Classification, Venn Diagrams, Symbolic/ Number Classification, Drawing inferences, Figural Classification, Punched gap/ pattern-folding & unfolding, Semantic Series, Figural Patternfolding and completion, Number Series, Embedded figures, Figural Series, Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, Emotional Intelligence, Word Building, Social Intelligence, Coding and de-coding, Numerical operations, Other sub-topics, if any.
Module-I of Section-II of Paper-I (English Language And Comprehension):
Vocabulary, grammar, sentence construction, synonyms, antonyms and their appropriate utilization; Spot the Error, Fill within the Blanks, Synonyms/ Homonyms, Antonyms, Spellings/ Detecting mis-spelt phrases, Idioms & Phrases, One phrase substitution, Improvement of Sentences, Active/ Passive Voice of Verbs, Conversion into Direct/ Indirect narration, Shuffling of Sentence elements, Shuffling of Sentences in a passage, Cloze Passage, Comprehension Passage. To check comprehension, three or extra paragraphs can be given and questions based mostly on these can be requested. At least one paragraph must be a easy one based mostly on a guide or a narrative and the opposite two paragraphs must be on present affairs, based mostly on a report or an editorial.
Module-II of Section-II of Paper-I (General Awareness):
Questions are designed to check the candidates’ normal consciousness of the atmosphere round them and its utility to society. Questions are additionally designed to check information of present occasions and of such issues of on a regular basis remark and expertise of their scientific side as could also be anticipated of an informed particular person. The check may even embody questions regarding India and its neighboring international locations particularly pertaining to History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General coverage and scientific analysis.
Module-I of Section-III of Paper-I (Computer Proficiency):
- Computer Basics: Organization of a pc, Central Processing Unit (CPU), enter/ output gadgets, laptop reminiscence, reminiscence group, back- up gadgets, PORTs, Windows Explorer. Keyboard shortcuts.
- Software: Windows Operating system together with fundamentals of Microsoft Office like MS phrase, MS Excel and Power Point and so on..
- Working with Internet and e-mails: Web Browsing & Searching, Downloading & Uploading, Managing an E-mail Account, e-Banking.
- Basics of networking and cyber safety: Networking gadgets and protocols, Network and knowledge safety threats (like hacking, virus, worms, Trojan and so on.) and preventive measures.
- Collection, Classification and Presentation of Statistical Data – Primary and Secondary knowledge, Methods of knowledge assortment; Tabulation of knowledge; Graphs and charts; Frequency distributions; Diagrammatic presentation of frequency distributions.
- Measures of Central Tendency- Common measures of central tendency – imply median and mode; Partition values- quartiles, deciles, percentiles.
- Measures of Dispersion- Common measures dispersion – vary, quartile deviations, imply deviation and commonplace deviation; Measures of relative dispersion.
- Moments, Skewness and Kurtosis – Different sorts of moments and their relationship; which means of skewness and kurtosis; totally different measures of skewness and kurtosis.
- Correlation and Regression – Scatter diagram; easy correlation coefficient; easy regression strains; Spearman’s rank correlation; Measures of affiliation of attributes; Multiple regression; Multiple and partial correlation (For three variables solely).
- Probability Theory – Meaning of likelihood; Different definitions of likelihood; Conditional likelihood; Compound likelihood; Independent occasions; Bayes’ theorem.
- Random Variable and Probability Distributions – Random variable; Probability capabilities; Expectation and Variance of a random variable; Higher moments of a random variable; Binomial, Poisson, Normal and Exponential distributions; Joint distribution of two random variable (discrete).
- Sampling Theory – Concept of inhabitants and pattern; Parameter and statistic, Sampling and non-sampling errors; Probability and nonprobability sampling strategies (easy random sampling, stratified sampling, multistage sampling, multiphase sampling, cluster sampling, systematic sampling, purposive sampling, comfort sampling and quota sampling); Sampling distribution(assertion solely); Sample dimension selections.
- Statistical Inference – Point estimation and interval estimation, Properties of a superb estimator, Methods of estimation (Moments methodology, Maximum probability methodology, Least squares methodology), Testing of speculation, Basic idea of testing, Small pattern and enormous pattern assessments, Tests based mostly on Z, t, Chi-square and F statistic, Confidence intervals.
- Analysis of Variance – Analysis of one-way labeled knowledge and twoway labeled knowledge.
- Time Series Analysis – Components of time collection, Determinations of development element by totally different strategies, Measurement of seasonal variation by totally different strategies.
- Index Numbers – Meaning of Index Numbers, Problems within the development of index numbers, Types of index quantity, Different formulae, Base shifting and splicing of index numbers, Cost of dwelling Index Numbers, Uses of Index Numbers.
Paper-III (General Studies-Finance and Economics):
Part A: Finance and Accounts-(80 marks):
- Fundamental rules and primary idea of Accounting:
- Financial Accounting: Nature and scope, Limitations of Financial Accounting, Basic ideas and Conventions, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Basic ideas of accounting: Single and double entry, Books of unique Entry, Bank Reconciliation, Journal, ledgers, Trial Balance, Rectification of Errors, Manufacturing, Trading, Profit & loss Appropriation Accounts, Balance Sheet Distinction between Capital and Revenue Expenditure, Depreciation Accounting, Valuation of Inventories, Non-profit organisations Accounts, Receipts and Payments and Income & Expenditure Accounts, Bills of Exchange, Self Balancing Ledgers.
Part B: Economics and Governance-(120 marks):
- Comptroller & Auditor General of India – Constitutional provisions, Role and accountability.
- Finance Commission- Role and capabilities.
- Basic Concept of Economics and introduction to Micro Economics: Definition, scope and nature of Economics, Methods of financial research and Central issues of an financial system and Production potentialities curve.
- Theory of Demand and Supply: Meaning and determinants of demand, Law of demand and Elasticity of demand, Price, revenue and cross elasticity; Theory of client’s behaviourMarshallian method and Indifference curve method, Meaning and determinants of provide, Law of provide and Elasticity of Supply
- Theory of Production and price: Meaning and Factors of manufacturing; Laws of production- Law of variable proportions and Laws of returns to scale.
- Forms of Market and value willpower in numerous markets: Various types of markets-Perfect Competition, Monopoly, Monopolistic Competition and Oligopoly and Price willpower in these markets.
- Indian Economy:
- Nature of the Indian Economy Role of various sectorsRole of Agriculture, Industry and Services-their issues and progress;
- National Income of India-Concepts of nationwide revenue, Different strategies of measuring nationwide revenue.
- Population-Its dimension, charge of progress and its implication on financial progress.
- Poverty and unemployment- Absolute and relative poverty, varieties, causes and incidence of unemployment.
- Infrastructure-Energy, Transportation, Communication.
- Economic Reforms in India: Economic reforms since 1991; Liberalisation, Privatisation, Globalisation and Disinvestment.
- Money and Banking:
- Monetary/ Fiscal policy- Role and capabilities of Reserve Bank of India; capabilities of economic Banks/RRB/Payment Banks.
- Budget and Fiscal deficits and Balance of funds.
- Fiscal Responsibility and Budget Management Act, 2003
- Role of Information Technology in Governance
Questions in Module-I of Section- I of Paper-I (Mathematical Abilities) can be of Matriculation Level, in Module-I of Section- II of Paper-I (English Language and Comprehension) of 10+2 Level and in Paper-II and Paper-III of Graduation Level.
SSC CGL Syllabus Important Links
|Download Syllabus In PDF||Click Here For SSC CGL Syllabus|
|Join Telegram Group||Join Now|
|Apply Online||For SSC CGL 2022|
|Download Notification||Click Here For Notification|
|Other Vacancies Details||Click Here|
|Official Website||Click Here To Open Official Website|
SSC CGL Syllabus 2022
- Read More :-
- SSC CGL 2022 Exam Online Form
- Purnea University UG Part 2 Result 2022
- Bihar Civil Court Recruitment 2022 – JobsRiya
- JoSAA 2022 (Online Counselling Registration And Choice Filling ) – jobsriya
- JEE Advanced Result 2022 – jobsriya.com
- VKSU 2nd Merit List Graduation (UG) Admission 2022-25
SSC CGL Syllabus, SSC CGL Syllabus, SSC CGL Syllabus, SSC CGL Syllabus, SSC CGL Syllabus, SSC CGL Syllabus, SSC CGL Syllabus, SSC CGL Syllabus, SSC CGL Syllabus, SSC CGL Syllabus, SSC CGL Syllabus, SSC CGL Syllabus , SSC CGL Syllabus, SSC CGL Syllabus, SSC CGL Syllabus, SSC CGL Syllabus